MADRID (AP) – The Spanish league said on Friday it had found no evidence to support the allegations made by a player who said he had been racially abused during last weekend’s game.
The league said it had analyzed all video footage of the two players talking, including hiring a lip-reading company, but found no evidence of racially abusive language.
The incident took place during the “Cadiz” – “Valencia” match on Sunday. Valencia players left the pitch after defender Moktar Diakhabi said he had been racially abused by Cadiz defender Juan Cala. This is the deceiver! Kala denied any wrongdoing.
The match continued after the Valencia team returned, saying that the referee felt threatened by the loss of points.
The case is also being investigated by the Spanish Football Federation.
The Spanish government sent a letter to the league federation on Wednesday, expressing “concerns about such situations”, which occur “often in our country’s football matches.”
The league said in a statement that it “condemns racism in all its forms and upholds its commitment to combat all its manifestations.”
The league added that it shared its results with two clubs of the federation.
More AP football. Https://apnews.com/hub/soccer և https://twitter.com/AP_Sports