NEW ORLEAN. AP – Live closed music may resume in New Orleans on Wednesday. This was announced on Wednesday by the city authorities, but dancing will remain banned, and venues, performers և spectators will be under strict requirements to use the spread of coronavirus,
The new rules take effect on Friday morning in response to a reduction in new cases of coronavirus and hospitalization in the city. It was not immediately clear how many other live music venues would be able to meet them, to start hosting live entertainment again in a city where music is deeply rooted in cultural history and vital to tourism.
Tipitina’s CEO Brian Greenberg said he believes the historic music club և bar may be able to bring it out, though not immediately. “We have a plan that we have already drawn,” he said Wednesday afternoon. “We have a big room, so we have that advantage.”
Greenberg added that he և the good owners և the staff have yet to review the extensive regulations, which are based on the guidelines in force in the country. They require wearing a mask, social distance, proper ventilation; they also contain details about when singers require face masks, how trumpeters should empty their valves.
According to the rules, dancing is excluded, which states that sponsors “should refrain from rejoicing or singing together.”
“Every club and institution will really have to inspect them and then check with the state fire marshal,” Ennie Avegno, the mayor’s health director, told a news conference with Mayor Latoya Cantrell. “They are not overloaded. They can be done. “
Rachel Arrington, of the Maple Leaf Bar Association, which has not opened since March 16, 2020, says the club cannot meet the requirements. The stage is narrow, which makes it difficult to remove the performers from a distance of 1.6 meters. “It will certainly be a problem,” Arrington said, adding that for now, the business will focus on sponsored outdoor concerts and other venues.
Live music has not been allowed in New Orleans for almost a year as the city became an early hotspot for the COVID-19 epidemic. The bars were again under shutdown orders; efforts to prevent the spread of the disease led to the virtual shutdown of Bourbon Street during Human Grace, when the restaurant-entertainment highway was usually crowded with parties.
The disease is currently blamed for 769 deaths in the city.
The borders are still in force. St. Patrick’s Day parades and blocking parties remain banned in the city, even as officials ease restrictions on crowds. From Friday, closed gatherings will be limited to 75 people, and outdoor gatherings – 150. Most of the city’s businesses will open at 75% capacity, and bars and gyms will operate at 50%.
Cantrell և Avegno both stressed that social distance և masking is still possible և vaccinations are vital when they become available.
Cantrell said more than 21 percent of the city’s residents had received at least one dose of the vaccine, and about 12 percent had been fully vaccinated.