Mint has a lot to say. This long-lasting aroma refreshes the coolness of food and drink, often with a bitter-sweet edge and sometimes with hints of spicy pepper. It is not as delicate as some herbs, it makes its presence known in everything from cocktails to candies, whether the context is delicious or sweet. Frankly, it is difficult to overestimate its use. Mint is also easy to grow in a window box or garden, allowing the hosts to be on hand at all times, especially in the spring.
There are different types of mint, but the default version is mint, which is less aggressive on the palate than mint. If you buy sliced mint at a produce counter or at a farmer’s market, make sure it smells good. As for the dried mint in the spice rack, it is often used in Persian cooking, but it is a fresh kind of ghost.
Mint tastes great to enrich hot weather nets. One of the best drinks on the list of cocktails at Cheeca Lodge in the Keys, Florida resort is nojito, without alcohol, so sour ուշ fragrant mojito that can not leave rum. Mint is also a star in Moroccan-style tea, usually served with sugar և hot but deliciously chilled և can add a refreshing dimension to the smoothie. Update is on the way.
Adapted from Cheeca Lodge, Islamorada, Fl.
Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 piece
8 mint holder!
3 tablespoons lime juice
5 tablespoons plain syrup (see post)
4 ounces of baking soda
Lime wedge for the righteous
1. Grind the mint leaves lightly, put them in a cocktail, mix the glass with lime juice and plain syrup. Fill with ice. Cover with a shaking box և shake for 10 seconds.
2. Pour into a tall glass (Collins glass) և add blueberries. Pour baking soda on top, decorate with lime wedge and serve.
Note: To make plain syrup, boil an equal amount of sugar և water until the sugar dissolves. Store in the refrigerator.
Frozen Moroccan style mint tea
Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour freeze
Yield: 4 sections
1 tablespoon Chinese tea – green tea, preferably gunpowder
½ Mint cup holders, packaged, plus branch branches
¼ a glass of honey or more to taste
1. Make tea with 3 cups of water in a strainer, allowing it to simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Place the mint in a small bowl. Add 1 cup of boiling water և mix the mint. Set aside sharply for 5 minutes. Mix with honey. Strain into 6 cups of pitcher.
3. Slowly pour the brewed tea into the jug, holding the kettle at least one foot away from the jug. This is the Moroccan technique for ventilating tea. Taste the tea for sweetness դեպքում Adjust the amount of honey if necessary. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Pour tea into glasses full of ice, garnish with mint and serve.
Cucumber-mint avocado smoothie
Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 to 2 services
½ cup mint leaves, packed
1 cup chopped, peeled և seed cucumber (about one ordinary cucumber)
8 ounces of pineapple juice
1 ripe but firm Mature avocado, hollow, peeled և cubed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
: Teaspoon ground white pepper
A pinch of salt
1. Put the mint, cucumber և pineapple juice in a blender, mix until smooth. Add avocado և mixture again. Add lemon juice, pepper and salt. Mix briefly. To use a food processor instead of a blender, first turn on the machine and force the mint into the feeding tube. Grate the sides of the bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, work until smooth.
2. Pour into 1 or more cups և Serve.