The decline of the epidemic has changed the job description. For Haley Ones, a 24-year-old Michigan resident, the coronavirus changed her company’s needs;
“I graduated in marketing, բժշկական I have no medical experience at all,, I had to clean up at our surgery և help patients prepare for anesthesia,” says Jones.
After adding new types of hats, Jones felt that his responsibilities exceeded his level salary և position, so he demanded more compensation.
Your role may be worth discussing, even in times of uncertainty. Here are some strategies to help you achieve your ideal salary.
Research the market
Understanding your job market is important, according to Lindsay Pollack, for the upcoming “Calculations. Take your career through a changing work world. ”
“You can look at sites like Glassdoor, Salary.com և PayScale, և to see what is standard,” he says.
These sites offer a minimum: maximum salary range that you can refer to to give your boss a realistic request. Pollack also suggests networking with professional associations in your industry, asking about the appropriate salary range for work in your particular city.
FOLLOW YOUR INVESTMENTS
If you work remotely, Pollak offers more self-promotion for big winnings. With so many epidemics, your manager may not know how much to invest.
Ones ons created a slideshow presentation with links to his work, to-do list, and overall impact on the company. His supervisor shared the presentation with others who were considering his salary.
“If you want someone to do something for you, make it as easy as possible to say yes,” says ones ounce.
Dive as much as you need your investment or gather evidence before the annual or medieval final check. And be as specific as possible.
MAIN WORK OF LURY
Be strategic when planning your conversation. Measure your confidence level at every step.
– Put it on your head radar. Give your boss a general but serious reason for meeting. Pollak suggests that you want to have a “career talk” about your role and future in the company.
– Time is right. Do not plan such a conversation after the company announces a terrible quarter or your boss is in a bad mood, says Joel Garfinkl, the author of the book “Pay what it’s worth”.
– Practice until you are confident. Ones ounce gained confidence by experimenting with his mirror և loved ones.
– Be intentional with those around you. If it’s a video call, use sticky notes to remember key points. In the office, Jones relied on printed copies of slides to get the conversation going.
If you need additional guidance, Pollack offers to contact the College Career Center for advice, whether it is your alma mater or community college. Even if you have never attended college, your local community college may offer resources.
MAIN CONTROL IN RUY
Do not let emotions or nerves divert the conversation from your goal. Remember the three main points of your discussion.
– Lead with gratitude. Jones began thanking his employer for the many learning opportunities, then focused on the excitement of the company’s future and its role in it.
– Know when to stop talking. Relax in silence. “Say the amount you want, and then stop talking,” says Pollak. Do not argue that you want to raise $ 15,000 but are willing to pay $ 8,000.
– Focus on the value of your employer. Do not comment on the reasons why you need to be promoted or promoted. Learn about the economic impact on your company և its priorities: Pay attention to how you save company money or contribute to its core line.
GET READY TO ANSWER!
If your employer is unable to satisfy your claim this time, all is not lost. You’s contributed to your work և You’ve charted the next conversation, according to Garfinkle. You can also consider negotiating for non-monetary benefits.
“Maybe it’s a change of title, or they’ll pay for the executive coach, or they’ll provide some training, or extra benefits or retirement benefits,” Garfinkle said. “There are other things you can get that can help you.”
If your employer is willing to offer a pay raise or alternative, write it down. Send a thank-you note to your supervisor, warning them that you will follow through.
In the case of a resounding “no” or “not right now”, let your boss know that you will greatly appreciate the opportunity to revisit the conversation in the future.
Tracking is possible for any answer. Ones ounce twice a month, once again. By mail, another time in person. Eventually, he was promoted to director of marketing, receiving $ 5,000 more than the maximum amount required.
This article was provided to the Associated Press by the personal financial site NerdWallet. Melissa Lambarena is a writer for NerdWallet. Email: email@example.com. Twitter: @lissalambarena.
COVID-19 և your money. Our guide to managing your finances during difficult times http://bit.ly/nerdwallet-managing-finances