AC Milan (Italy) – Italy plans to begin partial blockades imposed during the autumn virus wave, announcing on Friday (April 26th) the reopening of open-air canteens and schools at all levels in high-risk areas.
The government’s decision to set a date for the openings, which was originally scheduled to begin no earlier than May, was based on improved infection data և progress in Italy’s vaccination campaign, which Prime Minister Mario Draghi said would only improve.
“We are looking to the future with reasonable optimism and confidence,” Draghi told reporters on Friday.
“This is an extraordinary opportunity not only for the economy, but also for our social life,” he said.
According to the new schedule, Italian yellow belt restaurants can serve lunch and dinner at open tables, and students of all grades will return to classes in the yellow-orange areas full time. Yellow travel is also allowed freely between the yellow belts.
The Italian curfew at 10pm will continue to be maintained և Restrictions will remain unchanged in red zones with higher rates of infection.
Draghi said the government was taking a “reasonable risk” of loopholes, adding that “wearing a mask” and “social distance” would be “strictly observed”.
In Italy’s most economically productive north, populist-backed right-wing leaders have aggressively pushed for a rapid weakening of anti-virus measures. The tourism industry also clarifies the search for summer travel rules, including for foreign visitors who were mostly absent in 2020.
Draghi said other pre-dates for the government’s schedule would be confirmed depending on the virus status in Italy. These include outdoor swimming pools from May 15, gyms from June 1 և fairs, conferences այլ other public events in July.
Last year, Italy became the first country outside Asia to deal with a significant coronavirus outbreak. The death toll from COVID-19 is the second highest in Europe at almost 116,000. More than 3.8 million cases have been reported in Italy since the first cluster appeared in February 2020.