Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day …
Biden’s COVID warning: Unvaccinated ‘will end up paying the price’
President Biden highlighted on Monday that for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic swept the nation early last year, cases of COVID-19 “are down in all 50 states.”
But in a pitch to encourage unvaccinated Americans to get their shots, the president warned that “those who are not vaccinated will end up paying the price.”
And Biden, in remarks from the White House, also announced that the U.S. will share millions more doses of coronavirus vaccines with other countries around the world.
The president highlighted that “deaths are down from COVID by 81%,” which he said was “their lowest level since April of 2020.”
But he cautioned that “I can’t promise that will continue this way. We know there will be advances and setbacks and we know that may flareups could occur. But if the unvaccinated get vaccinated, they’ll protect themselves and other unvaccinated people around them.”
And the president warned that “if they do not, states with low vaccination rates may see those rates, may see this progress, reversed. Ultimately, those who are not vaccinated will end up paying the price. The vaccinated will continue to be protected against severe illnesses, but others may not be if you’re not vaccinated.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– US military intercepted small aircraft in restricted airspace as Biden visited Delaware home.
– Democratic Del Rio, Texas mayor blasts White House, AOC as border crisis triggers school lockdown.
– Dr. Marc Siegel: COVID risks fade but the fear remains – too many still gripped by worst-case scenarios.
– GOP resolution backs Israel’s ‘right to defend itself,’ omits call for ceasefire.
– Jason Chaffetz calls on Biden to ‘fire‘ Dr. Fauci: ‘His time has come and gone.’
The president and the First Lady reported adjusted gross income of $607,336 in 2020, the White House said in a statement on Monday. They paid $157,414 in federal income tax and their 2020 effective federal income tax rate is 25.9 percent.
They donated 5.1% of their total income to 10 charities.
The Bidens reported AGI of about $985,000 the year prior.
As previously reported by FOX Business, Biden and his wife earned about $15 million in the two years after they left the White House following Biden’s term as vice president. The Bidens’ total income was $11 million in 2017 and about $4.6 million in 2018.
Donald Trump made no secret that he lost out on income during his tenure in the Oval Office.
In 2019, for example, the former president estimated that it had cost him anywhere between $2 billion and $5 billion to serve as president.
“I would’ve made a fortune if I just ran my business – I was doing it really well,” Trump said at the time. CLICK HERE FOR MORE
In other developments:
– Biden nominee made millions at NCAA while arguing against paying players.
– $1M ad campaign accuses Biden of working with dark money, teachers unions, to keep schools closed.
– Mike Pence: Biden’s China-first tax plan – Americans come last in president’s jobs plan.
– Politico accused of cleanup for Biden and teachers unions for report on ‘campaign’ to reopen schools.
CNN’s Don Lemon panned for ‘desperate’ publicity stunt after suggesting he was leaving network
CNN anchor Don Lemon is being panned over what critics described as a publicity stunt about his future at the network.
On Friday, Lemon repeatedly teased a major announcement he was going to make on “CNN Tonight,” even hinting that whatever he announced would be the “end of an era.”
Before closing his show, Lemon told viewers that “CNN Tonight with Don Lemon” was abruptly ending.
“It’s been really, really great. This is the last night that will be ‘CNN Tonight with Don Lemon,’” Lemon said. “So, I appreciate all the years of ‘CNN Tonight with Don Lemon.’ But changes are coming. And I will fill you in.”
The announcement sparked a wild response on social media with both fans and critics sounding the alarm of what he strongly suggested was a sudden departure from the liberal network.
Shortly after, Lemon took to Twitter and assured his viewers that he was not leaving CNN.
“Everybody, calm down,” Lemon said. “I didn’t say I was leaving CNN, I just said that it was the end of an era for ‘CNN Tonight with Don Lemon.’”
He added, “You’ll have to tune in on Monday at 10 o’clock to see.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Daily Beast editor accuses Jewish analyst of being ‘paid by Israel,’ denies Hamas uses human shields.
– Media hyped so-called ‘descendent’ of Robert E. Lee after Charlottesville, WaPo suggests they’re not related.
– MSNBC’s Ali Velshi: ‘Israel’s treatment of Palestinians is apartheid. Period.’
– Tom Cotton says Associated Press has ‘uncomfortable questions to answer‘ for sharing Gaza building with Hamas.
– NY Public Radio host Bob Garfield fired over ‘pattern’ of bullying.
– Dan Crenshaw clashes with NBC’s Chuck Todd on GOP drama: I’m not going to ‘take the bait’ from ‘liberal’ press.
– UFO reality no longer a question, it’s a question of what they are: filmmaker.
– Video shows slain Dallas 4-year-old being taken from bed.
– Washington state man uses second amendment to save neighbors, police say.
– Mets’ Kevin Pillar gets hit in the face by a pitch, social media reacts to scary scene.
– TURLEY: Harry, Meghan join growing US anti-free speech movement.
– Pelosi extends remote voting amid pushback, new CDC rules.
– Ousted Space Force officer says he’s been ‘misportrayed‘, received ‘thousands’ of notes from troops.
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– New Jersey residents to bear highest tax burden over a lifetime, study shows.
– Babe Ruth baseball card could hit it out of the park in online auction.
– Prince Harry and Meghan slammed over new corporate deal.
– The IRS probably won’t audit you this year: Here’s why.
– U.S. Airlines may start weighing passengers at the gate.
– These 21 states are ending $300 unemployment benefits this summer.
#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”
SOME PARTING WORDS
Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Monday claimed that Democrats are “slowly but surely” destroying their own chances in the 2022 and 2024 elections.
“Now we see the tables turning because as they damage our economy and our foreign policy, the Democrats are also slowly but surely destroying their own prospects,” she said on “The Ingraham Angle.”
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.
Fox News’ Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ David Aaro. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Wednesday.